Turning off Network LED Lights On SONOS

• 11 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Is there a a way to disable the LED lights on a wired SONOS component? I have multiple wired SONOS components on the house and the ones located in the bedrooms need to have the LED light disabled. It is amazing how such a small LED can light up a dark room.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes, for all LEDs except for the "the microphone is on" on the Sonos One speakers. It's in the controller app, under settings>Room Settings>[Room Name]>Speaker Status Light.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
The SONOS Connect AMP only has settings to disable the White Status Light. I am looking to turn off t he Ethernet port LED's.
Ah, not the LEDs on the top of each speaker.

No, I'm not aware of any software way of turning them off. I generally use a small bit of electrical tape on devices that bother me. Other threads about this issue on this forum have pointed to http://www.lightdims.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A small square of dark spongy foam rubber with a hole poked in the middle for the Ethernet cable is an option for the net ports. Plug the Ethernet cable back in and slide it up firmly against the lights on the connect.

I use this on a number of devices to keep the ever flickering yellow and green lights from disturbing me.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I am going to try multiple solutions that have been proposed.