Answered

trying to figure out?

• 18 October 2019
  • 3 replies

I have built my Sonos system TV centric. I have a Soundbar a Sub and two Symfonisk shelf speakers from IKEA as “back speakers” to complete the movie watching experience. Really fantastic set up that sounds marvellous. I listen to music in the same room and have a “ 5” to do the trick. Is it possible for me to add the sub and the Symfonisk speakers to the 5 in a separate group without the Soundbar called “lounge” or something?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 18 October 2019, 18:17

Hi Nikgeorgii

Unfortunately, no. Any speakers being used as surrounds (i.e. back speakers) and sub are semi-permanently bonded to the Sonos soundbar. To accomplish what you would like would require breaking the bond (surrounds/sub) with the soundbar and making a new bond with The Play 5 (and that would be sub only). You can only group the broken surrounds to the Play 5 either as stereo pair or separates.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Nikgeorgii

Unfortunately, no. Any speakers being used as surrounds (i.e. back speakers) and sub are semi-permanently bonded to the Sonos soundbar. To accomplish what you would like would require breaking the bond (surrounds/sub) with the soundbar and making a new bond with The Play 5 (and that would be sub only). You can only group the broken surrounds to the Play 5 either as stereo pair or separates.

Bummer! Had hoped for a smooth solution! Seems I have to get me another “5” to do the trick….it’s gonna be a room full of speakers 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Caution: You cannot create a stereo pair with a Play 5 gen1 and Play 5 gen 2. Both must be the same.