Answered

Trueplay profile and Five Orientation

• 21 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a pair of Fives, stereo paired, Trueplay tuned and in the horizontal position. I’m curious how the soundstage would sound if I were to change speaker orientation to Vertical. If I turn to vertical does that cancel my saved Trueplay setting so that when I turn them back to horizontal I would need to redo the trueplay?   Or does it remain as it was?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 June 2021, 23:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Trueplay isn't automatic as it is with some Apple/Amazon speakers. Therefore once done it will keep working even when the results are unsuitable as in when the speaker orientation or location is changed. How unsuitable depends on the extent of the change in a given space. 

Hence the recommended approach is to redo it every time there is any change. And if there is a change, no i Device is at hand to retune, and the sound seems off, it can be turned off even via an Android device.

Userlevel 7

If you just rotate the speakers to a vertical orientation, you will retain the Trueplay tuning. But it is recommended to redo Trueplay tuning if you change the orientation of the speakers. If you redo Trueplay, you will lose the previous tuning with the horizontal orientation.