Trueplay advice

• 5 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of Sonos One speakers that I have set up in my living room and used Trueplay for calibration. I've now added a third speaker in the same room. I set the third speaker up as a different room on the app, but then paired the two rooms together so that all three are operating together. Here's the question -- how would you go about the Trueplay calibration? Would you just now calibrate the new third speaker? Would you re-calibrate the initial pair?

Also -- do you think that this was the best way to connect three speakers for the same room? Any advice on this point is welcome as well.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There would be no advantage to recalibration the original room, unless you have physically moved the speakers.

I would indeed Trueplay the new room with the one new speaker, though.

Sonos won’t ‘know’ that the speakers are all in the same room, so you can’t TruePlay them all at the same time, but there will be a bit of an advantage for them to be set up to deal with the same environment.

Yes, this is the way I would set up three speakers in the same room.

The real question is depending on your listening, would I set up the initial pair as stereo or not, and that would really depend on lots of things, like room shape, listening patterns, type of music, etc. and I don’t think there is a hard and fast answer to that anyway.
If the reason for adding the third speaker is to get an even coverage across the room, a better option might be to set each speaker as an independent zone, true play it as such, and group the three zones for music play.

The good thing about Sonos is how easy it is to do the important thing for such decisions - trying it out and deciding based on your assessment of the results.