Answered

True play and iphone x

• 15 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

Sonos newbie hear, so please be gentle!

Does anyone know when the Sonos app will be updated to allow application of True Play from an iPhone X?

Many thanks for any help and Merry Christmas!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 June 2018, 04:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Renoire,

All indications from Sonos is that it's being worked on, but they're understandably unwilling to give a date. We probably won't know until they actually release it, they very rarely give any dates to their software releases, since they're so much dependent on testing and rework.

That being said, if I recall when they were working on TruePlay for the iPhone 7 and 7s, they were able to turn it on without an actual push of a software update. The iPhone 8 and iPhone X have been out for about 6 weeks now, so I'd expect it relatively soon. In the meantime, if you still have an older iOS device, like an iPad, or an older iPhone, it should still work.
I have the same problem with play 3 trueplay on iPhone X. It starts but then says it’s too noisy. The room is silent and moving slowly. Tried on older iPad and the same thing has happened. What can I do?
May I recommend the answer found in this thread?

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/trueplay-not-working-on-play-3-6808879