Touch controls not working on Move

• 10 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist II
  • 23 replies

Hi

I just purchased a Sonos move and the touch controls are not working on it at all.  I have enabled them in the app (and turned them off and back on), reset the device and added it again but they are completely unresponsive

I have run a diagnostics in case someone here can help, the code is 1977921086

They’re impossible to find here at the moment (UK) I really don’t want to have to send it back

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Taffam.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Have you tried already doing the Factory Data reset in your Sonos move?

If not you can follow this link.

Once you did the resetting go to the Sonos app then Settings » System » Add Product.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’ve had trouble finding a Move here (US) as well. Is there a shortage going on?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi. Yes I have factory reset it twice and the controls still don’t work. I also don’t believe it’s charging when using a usb c connection it’s only charging on the dock. I need to double check that today but the controls definitely aren’t working. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Taffam.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

If the factory data reset wasn't able to fix the controls and if theirs an issue with the charging port of the Sonos move.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps if needed and they can also help you out if the device still within the warranty.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.