Thanks for screwing up my Christmas

• 23 December 2018
  • 18 replies

I can't get into my system because Sonos insist on downloading a download that won't download. We now have a music-free Christmas. I'm buying Bose and writing multiple newspaper articles about your system.

Mod edit: Please follow our guidelines when writing a post.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

I just had the same problem - my system worked fine a few days ago and now nothing!! Same thing - trying to set up for a Christmas party and this has wasted hours of my time!!! What is the resolution
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
He appears to be saying something won't download....I don't know … he appears to be trying to be more obnoxious than looking for help.

If you have a Sonos device that fails to update and errors out - normally for me plugging ethernet cord into router and running update will fix it.
OP might be a troll rather than a genuine user. Either way, he has forfeited the right to any help.
I just had the same problem - my system worked fine a few days ago and now nothing!! Same thing - trying to set up for a Christmas party and this has wasted hours of my time!!! What is the resolutioni am not sure you have the same problem as the OP. Would you like to give us more info?
My Sonos was working fine a few days ago, then now can’t get the system to connect to my WiFi. I’ve rebooted everything and even connected directly to a speaker and nothing. My system count be found. I was using a bridge.
When you say that system cannot connect to wifi do you really mean your controller cannot find your system? If not, what do you nean?

So you had a Bridge wired to your router? Then system disappeared? You have tried wiring a speaker and still nothing? Do you have another Ethernet cable you could try?
Yes - the controller can’t find my Sonos system. Says nothing connected to the WiFi. I had the bridge hard wired with an Ethernet and then tried an Ethernet directly to a play 3. Nothing. My son and wife both tried with their controller and have same result
Reboot the router and all Sonos devices.
I will try that again. But have done that a few times already.
Sorry to repeat but I have seen cases where it did turn out to be a faulty cable, or faulty port on router. Not very likely but it has to be eliminated if possible.
Do you have just a router, or are there access points or extenders involved?
You know what - there was only a router, but I think my son may have plugged in an extender/access point. I updated my controller about 2 weeks ago, it worked after that. Just stopped yesterday. I think the accessnpoint has been plugged in for a while also though.
You know what - there was only a router, but I think my son may have plugged in an extender/access point. I updated my controller about 2 weeks ago, it worked after that. Just stopped yesterday. I think the accessnpoint has been plugged in for a while also though.

If it isn't configured as an actual access point, you may have split the network. Take that out of the mix, renew your Wifi on the controllers, and see if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Aside from the above... Bridges are getting old and can be iffy, unplug power from it and run Ethernet to another speaker, do the reboot again to rule out Bridge issues. You may have done that before but having Bridge power removed, not just the Ethernet unhooked is needed.

If it is a bad Bridge either leave it out of your setup, replace the power supply or update to a Boost.
Well, funny thing, I had went to Best Buy to ask if they knew anything - as I was talking a sales guy jumped in convo and said his buddy had the same issue. Anyway, I got home, factory reset the speaker with a direct Ethernet to one of the speakers and reset each speaker... it worked!! Woke up this AM - same issue! I had been completely happy with my system until now!!
Just moved my Play 1 speakers around for my Christmas party tomorrow and everything works just great. Seems to be user error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
tlee72 Best Buy advice is best taken out to the garden and tilled into the soil, it is good for veggies, not so good for Sonos.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Factory resetting any of your Sonos products is not recommended and should not be done in an attempt to resolve an issue.
If you're experiencing an issue with one or more of your Sonos players, check the articles listed below for steps to resolve them.

Your Sonos system was not found
Error message when attempting to update Sonos
Music library troubleshooting
If none of these steps help resolve the issue, or do not pertain to the issue you're having, we ask that you contact Sonos customer care before proceeding.
-----

I'm not sure which of the suggestions above you have tried so I hesitate to offer more suggestions. Maybe contact Sonos support via twitter or facebook as both are staffed 24x7.
I'm writing multiple newspaper articles about your system.

That’s kind. At least no one will know about your problems.