Question

Temporarily set up speaker on different wifi

• 24 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I’d already set my Sonos One up on my home WiFi, no problems. My son’s party was to be in a large hall so I thought great, I’ll take my speaker, connect to the WiFi and have his music playing. iPhone connected to WiFi with no issues, but could not then get the speaker to connect... went through the set up process and the app said the speaker had set up a temporary SONOS WiFi and that I should connect to that... but it did not appear as an option... any ideas what’s wrong? Why couldn’t I see a SONOS network? Why could the speaker not connect to my phone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can't go through the normal initial set up again, you'd already set up that speaker to connect to your wifi.

What you could have done is connected that speaker to his router with an ethernet cable, and as long as your phone was connected to the same LAN, it would show up on your controller.