Answered

Symphonisk plays no sound but otherwise has full functionality

I just recently purchased the Symphonisk speaker and there is no sound. I don’t even get sound during true play. I do have a light on the front that is white. The play button and volume buttons work just fine and I can control my play 1 if the speakers are paired from the Symphonisk. From all appearances it just seems that the speaker is broken. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 July 2021, 23:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Did the speaker play the ‘Success’ tone on completion of its setup?

Do you see it in the S2 App, in "Settings/System/About My System” and is it assigned an IP address from your router, showing it to be installed on the same subnet as your other Sonos product(s)?

Have you tried powering it off and on again?

No success tone. It is present in the app and I do see it on my wifi network. I have unplugged the speaker and plugged it back in to no avail. 

And is it assigned an IP address in the About Box? - Are there any other WiFi access points on the network and what router is it?

It does have an IP address and it’s on the same access point as my Play 1 which is working fine. 

Is there more than one wireless access point and what router is it?

There are 3 access points and it’s a netgear nighthawk 

My Netgear Nighthawk has 3 access points 

Thanks, can you perhaps try things again with Airtime Fairness and/or QOS switched off on your Netgear based nerwork.

I’m not seeing those options on my router or in its app. 

I’m not seeing those options on my router or in its app. 

See these links (as examples) YMMV: 

https://www.usermanual.uk/netgear/nighthawk-ac1900/manual?p=169

https://kb.netgear.com/000053112/How-do-I-set-up-QoS-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Router

Unfortunately these solutions did not work

Then return it to IKEA, and get a new one. 

Unfortunately these solutions did not work

As you have a Play:1 already setup on your system you will lose nothing by trying a factory reset of your Symfonisk speaker, that’s if you have not tried that option already - it would be interesting to see again if the ‘success tone’ is played by the speaker when it is setup again on your existing Account/System.

Here is the factory reset process…

Factory resetting a Sonos product

Once the speaker is reset, open the Sonos App, ensure you can see the Play:1 in that app and then goto “Settings/System/Add Product” and follow the onscreen instructions until the setup process is complete and then try to play to the speaker. 

It would also be interesting to see what happens when you fully close the Sonos App and power off just your Play:1 speaker only to see if the Symfonisk speaker then works standalone when you next reopen the App - so it’s your only Sonos device on the Nighthawk network.

Okay so after a factory reset I still don’t get the chime I’m supposed to during setup. Sounds like to me it’s a faulty speaker. 

Okay so after a factory reset I still don’t get the chime I’m supposed to during setup. Sounds like to me it’s a faulty speaker. 

Sorry to hear that news, hope you can get it sorted quickly.👍