Symfonisk wont play spotify songs

• 13 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I just bought a sonos speaker (symfonisk) and i want to play spotify on it. i added spotify using the app, logged in to spotify and permitted access. 

Now i can open spotify in the sonos app i see all my playlists. On the spotify webpage is see my sonos account added to the accepted connections so all should be fine.

When i start a spotify song from within the sonos app its giving me a loading circle for 15 seconds and it tells me that the song cant be played and that spotify is disconnected.

The speaker has perfect connection and all other streaming services and radio work perfect. For some reason the authorization between sonos and spotify goes wrong on the speaker or in the app. 

I tried restarting my router and did a full reset on the speaker without any luck. 

Before people start giving me advice to update the speaker…. i allready did it today and checked again but there is no newer version. im on 13.0 build 1.20.3.3-2.0

I always thought sonos was a good manufacturer. Guess i was i wrong if they cant even get a simple connecting to spotify right.

by the way going in spotify and selecting symfonisk as a streaming device in there will result in it stuckin at connecting. When it is connecting the radio stops playing on it. so there is a connection but i guess its refused. i tried removing the device in spotify and adding it again. but that doens help. 

is there an error in the latest software build?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Regarding whether there is an error in the software I don’t know for sure but can say that I own three ikea Sonos speakers and they are all currently working with the latest update. 

It sounds like you’ve done all the usual troubleshooting yourself but I would give Sonos customer support a call as they have access to system level diagnostics and will sort it out. 

It seems like the problem is wifi. As soon as i connect the device over ethernet spotify works. But when putting it back to wifi the same happens again. I looked into my router and gave the speaker full access without firewall. Strange thing is only spotify seems to not work all other streaming services work just fine over wifi on the speaker.

Well i have absolutely no idea how but i got it to work. I connected an accesspoint to my router and put up a second wifi network on that accesspoint. I connected the sonos to that network and it works like a charm. 

The strange thing is that the accespoint is connected to the same router. so maybe its something in the SSID name of the wifi network that gives problems. Else i really have no idea how this could work all of a sudden.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey it’s good to hear it’s working for you now , I know how frustrating it can be- especially with a brand new device! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You don’t have an ASUS router do you? Their recent models are giving many users issues (covered in other threads).