Surround Sound - Beam plus 2 Play ones - Play Ones keep disappearing!

• 8 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I have 2 Play 1’s set up for a surround sound with my Beam. They worked great for at over a year. Lately, the Play 1’s just disappear and Sonos doesn’t recognize them anymore. So my room where I have the surround sound set up  says (Beam + ? + ?).

The steps I have followed to correct:

• Remove the Surround Sound setup on the App
  • Factory-reset the Play 1’s and rename them
  • Completely set up the Surround Sound again.

I usually have to do this 3 or 4 times before it is successful. And within days the surround sounds doesn’t recognize the Play 1’s again. I’m getting very frustrated. I really, really like the surround sound (when it works) and I’m wondering why I didn’t have this issue for over a year and now it happens all the time.

FYI, I have a mesh WiFi in my house. Same one that I’ve had for several years, so it isn’t that. Would appreciate some help!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @debengels25 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please also try rebooting the Beam and router by removing power for 30 seconds.

Userlevel 7

You might be experiencing wireless interference:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Are you able to wire the Beam, or any other Sonos speaker that isn’t being used as a surround, directly to your main router with an ethernet cable?