Question

Support Stinks Since Going Public

• 26 October 2019
  • 12 replies

Since going public Sonos is a scam. No phone support and full of bugs. Obviously cutting costs to appease Wall Street. Stay away from their products. Full of bugs now and no support! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Odd that you feel this way, there have been several posts since Sonos went public praising not only the phone support folks, but also the Facebook and Twitter support folks who are available 24/7. And frankly, spending my fair share of time on these community forums, I have seen no diminution of the support (and quality of support) provided by the Sonos Community Forum Moderators, much less the community itself.

If you have a specific issue, why not post it here, and see if the community can help you resolve it?

Ok smart guy. Call support right now and let the community know who you get on the phone. We are waiting… also, if you think a 30 minute response for a twitter response is fair to someone who has spent thousands on a Sonos system. You must have a lot of time on your hands. I would say a good support example is Apple. Always there immediately and always helpful. 

Also, why would a system that has worked for years stop recognizing certain speakers. I have all of the latest updates. You may have time to down in a forum but I don’t. I just want plain old customer service on the phone. 

I have also tried everything recommenced to me from their support. You think it’s fair to spend 4 hours resolving a problem. Like I said, you must have a lot of time on your hands. 

You’re obviously very angry. I’m truly sorry that I may have offended you in any way by posting information contrary to your view.

I wish you the best of luck in resolving your particular issue. 

I am angry at a company that sells an expensive product and offers horrible support that wastes people’s time. Generally I’m a very happy person, but to me it’s fraud. As soon as they went public they cut support dramatically.

also, I’m not angry at the employees. They are just doing their job. I’m just angry at the greedy ownership who obviously cut support to beat earnings. 

The entire company sucks. Never worked from the beginning. Seems like a complete fraud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The entire company sucks. Never worked from the beginning. Seems like a complete fraud.

What is your issue or are you just here to shed shade?  If you have a problem with your Sonos kit then please posts the details and we, the community, may be able to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I am angry at a company that sells an expensive product and offers horrible support that wastes people’s time. Generally I’m a very happy person, but to me it’s fraud. As soon as they went public they cut support dramatically.

also, I’m not angry at the employees. They are just doing their job. I’m just angry at the greedy ownership who obviously cut support to beat earnings. 

So why have a go at a well meaning and respected fellow community member? He’s not a Sonos employee.

Do you want help in resolving your issues, if so please help us with a little more info.  Also I have called Sonos support here in the UK since they went public and was very satisfied with the results. 

Maybe you hit them on a busy day, but I am confused as you said there was no phone support then said you spent 4hrs on the phone to them?

I’d be interested in seeing some information to support the claim that support was cut dramatically since going public.   Any data on average wait times or things of that nature?  Anything on the staffing levels in support areas?  Do you have experience with support before and after going public?

I also find it interesting that you claim Apple is an example of good support.  The iPhone’s are known for their high repair costs, and I personally have spent way too much time in Apple stores waiting on repairs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for helping out everyone!

@ekades, I hope you’ve already been able to get helped, but if you do need a hand, we’re also available here to help the community Monday through Friday. Our support hours haven’t changed since going public, aside from adding 24/7 Twitter and Facebook support, which is the best way to reach the support team on the weekends. Otherwise, the team is around Monday through Friday for phone calls as well.

We’re constantly pushing to improve and I’ll let the team know what how you feel about things. They appreciate getting feedback on where to grow. As the end of the year approaches, we always get busier, but we also keep hiring more staff to try and help everyone possible as soon as possible. Please let me know if I can help with anything, and if you need a hand troubleshooting, there’s a lot of great information and helpful folks here on the community, if you wanted to try and tackle what’s going on there yourself.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’d be interested in seeing some information to support the claim that support was cut dramatically since going public.   Any data on average wait times or things of that nature?  Anything on the staffing levels in support areas?  Do you have experience with support before and after going public?

I also find it interesting that you claim Apple is an example of good support.  The iPhone’s are known for their high repair costs, and I personally have spent way too much time in Apple stores waiting on repairs.

Every phone has high support costs for replacing parts and if you have an appointment Apples service is stellar.  Always has been.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I had a requirement to call Sonos phone support in the UK for the first time yesterday morning, to report a hardware failure on my Sonos Amp. I was through to a support representative in under 10 minutes, and we’d agreed a warranty replacement after about 45mins of remote diagnostics and testing, even though these were inconclusive. UPS picked up the defective unit this morning.

Reasonably streamlined, I’d say, so far.