Answered

Suddenly most of my speakers say incompatible

Hi Everyone 

I am not super tech. Suddenly most of my zones say INCOMPATIBLE. I clicked the update and it says there is a problem . I did retry a few times but still nothing is happening. Please help. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 2 May 2021, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

You’ve apparently managed to upgrade the app to S2, and a couple of the rooms. Presumably the other rooms contain devices which can only run S1. 

I guess I am just confused…….I want to have the entire system hooked up like it always has been - how do I do that ?

What model are the speakers in the 3 ‘incompatible’ rooms? 

ZP100 and PLAY 5

i just turned on an older computer and the S1 app is still there and the incompatible zones are working older app…..i just want them to all work simultaneously as always 

ZP100 and Play:5/gen1 can only run S1.

You’ll need to downgrade Kitchen, TV Room and the Boost back to S1.

Uninstall the S2 app from everywhere.

Temporarily wire one of Dining Room, Living Room or Playroom to the network. Make sure the S1 app can see them all okay.

For each of Kitchen, TV Room and the Boost follow the directions at https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4845, in the section headed “Is this process reversible?”.

How do I wire to the network? I don’t have another Ethernet cable - can I just take the one out of the boost and plug into back of my zp100 or do I need a separate Ethernet cable to hook my devices to the Wi if router 

Really? Back in the day Sonos used to ship an Ethernet cable with everything. I have a box of such cables… :wink:

If you’re truly short of cables then, yes, use the one from the Boost for this exercise.

Eh, this stuff is above me…….I did all that and then even reset the speakers but when it came to the point of “adding a new device” it said my app needed an update to do that and then it wouldn’t update and I would get a error message,…..I’ll just wait until tech support opens tomorrow and will call - they are always great 

Good plan.

I have reset everything and then when I follow the directions to add my components to my S1 system it right after I click ADD PRODUCT that my app needs to update and then when I click update it takes me to the App Store and asks me to download the S2 version which is why this all happened in the first place. Any idea ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PearlRiverDad, I had a quick look over your system and it looks like you’ve managed to get everything running properly on S1 again, just wanted to confirm if that’s the case?

The steps provided by ratty should have sorted it out, however sometimes there can be small hiccups with the setup - let us know if you still need any assistance getting everything working :)