Subwoofer quit working after 4 days. :(

• 15 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I had my Subwoofer for only 4 day until it quit working. Little disappointed. I noticed a hot electrical type smell for a few days then on the last day it just quit, would not connect. Is there any known issues with this type of failure? I bought it through ABT, they are going to exchange it for a new one.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thank you Keith N. Yes ABT made it pretty painless. I will definitely be using them for all my Sonos gear. About the SUB...Sh*# happens, just miss the great bass it produces. Only a couple days till the new one gets here. Great products!
Userlevel 7
Could just be a bad sub. It happens. Have owned mine for over 2 years with no issues. Fingers X'd. Also, are your components surge protected?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, DWH. Sorry to hear about the SUB, however, I am glad to hear that ABT has worked with you to exchange the unit. I know I'd be bummed if my SUB one day "kicked the bucket". Should you run into any other problems, let us know. We are happy to help!
Thanks