Subwoofer quit working after 4 days. :(

• 15 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I had my Subwoofer for only 4 day until it quit working. Little disappointed. I noticed a hot electrical type smell for a few days then on the last day it just quit, would not connect. Is there any known issues with this type of failure? I bought it through ABT, they are going to exchange it for a new one.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Could just be a bad sub. It happens. Have owned mine for over 2 years with no issues. Fingers X'd. Also, are your components surge protected?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, DWH. Sorry to hear about the SUB, however, I am glad to hear that ABT has worked with you to exchange the unit. I know I'd be bummed if my SUB one day "kicked the bucket". Should you run into any other problems, let us know. We are happy to help!
Thank you Keith N. Yes ABT made it pretty painless. I will definitely be using them for all my Sonos gear. About the SUB...Sh*# happens, just miss the great bass it produces. Only a couple days till the new one gets here. Great products!
Thanks