Answered

Sub and boosted mids and highs in grouped rooms?

• 10 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Are the benefits of the Sonos Sub (namely boosted mids and highs) applied to speakers it is not directly bonded but simply grouped?

I currently have a playbar, sub, and 2 Sonos 5s setup as one 'room' and 2 Sonos 1s setup as another. The speakers are all positioned in the same room.

I would like to know if the 1s when grouped reduce their bass output and if the other frequencies are boosted as when or will it function as though no sub is present? In that case would I be better to use the Sonos 1s as the surround speakers and setup the Sonos 5s as a separate room?

Ideally I would have set up all the speakers as one room but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
icon

Best answer by Chris 10 January 2019, 03:16

The sub only effect the audio of paired speakers to it. If you group in other speakers it will have no effect on them.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The sub only effect the audio of paired speakers to it. If you group in other speakers it will have no effect on them.