Streaming music via Apple devices - how about Android?

• 2 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Sonos has added support for Airplay on Apple devices. So i can play Spotify with the free account!!
When will there be support for streaming to Sonos on Android devices?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, snevel. We introduced a functionality that was already available on iOS devices. I am not aware of any comparable facility on Android devices, though I would only imagine that would need to be introduced first? We will be sure to forward this request for you; I'd like to see it too. Many thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I am not aware of any comparable facility on Android devices, though I would only imagine that would need to be introduced first?

Edward, we spoke about just this on another thread. It's about Apps like Tubio, AllCast and many more on Android. These Apps do not work and the question is why and is Sonos able to fix it.

See here:
https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/fix-airplay-for-different-apps-6810615
Edward, we spoke about just this on another thread. It's about Apps like Tubio, AllCast and many more on Android. These Apps do not work and the question is why and is Sonos able to fix it.

See here:
https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/fix-airplay-for-different-apps-6810615

Those are third-party apps and not affiliated with Apple and Sonos resp., thus, neither Apple nor Sonos are responsible. Go and ask the respective developer for a 'fix'.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Those are third-party apps and not affiliated with Apple and Sonos resp., thus, neither Apple nor Sonos are responsible. Go and ask the respective developer for a 'fix'.

Maybe. But do you think it's just a funny coincidence that all these Apps can stream to all these Airplay devices, but not to Sonos and at the same time Sonos is beeing the new player in this field? Maybe Sonos should have at least a look at it. If there is really nothing Sonos can do, ok, than that's of course the outcome to accept.