Stereo Pair, Sonos Move vs Sonos 5?

• 11 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I currently have a a Move and I’m weighing adding a 2nd Move to create a stereo Pair. The other option is to buy a new Sonos 5. Any one have any experience on how these 2 setups would compare? 

Thanks, 

Paul 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just bought a new move to add to my existing playbar and move with the same intentiobns you have. After two days trying unsuccessfully to get the new move to connect to my wifi, I am stuck. refer my post - “unable to add new sonos move to existing system - error “password incorrect”

I will keep you posted!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks!

I’m not impressed by the Move. Its a mobile and louder version of the one that does not begin to compare to the 5.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I prefer my Play 5 too, and would like to get a stereo pair for it, but apparently the new 5 does not pair with it.

Plus, my Play 5 is quite enough for my 14x14 bedroom, I need a pair for the move in my garden and am loathe to spend the $$ for that, but it looks that its what I need, due to the lack of wires and the weatherproofing

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Go for it- I have a pair in my garden and it is worth every cent, IMO!

Much better than a single move, and waterproof, with no wiring, to boot!