Question

Static noise from play 1

• 12 March 2014
  • 2 replies

When i play music and after i stop the music i can hear a static noise from my play 1.
From the top area of the speaker.

It can be heard from like 20cm away from the speaker. It is not very loud and dont increase or decrease, its just there.

After a couple of minutes it stops and the speaker is completly silent. I guess the speaker goes into sleep mode or something.

I just have a bridge and a play 1.

Q: Is this normal? Does all sonos speakers have static noise when you come close?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Mattias,

It sounds like you're hearing the amplifier in that unit before it powers down. It should be a very light sound, usually unnoticed. If it gets louder or you're concerned I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line and we can take a look at it live. 

Thanks.
Badge
Can i ask i have 2 of the new sonos one mine did same guy in call centre said its not normal so asked me to send my old 2 back which were 2 weeks old. New ones arrived today. So is the static noise normal