Spotify only plays on my playbar if i start it on my Play 1 and group them....

I have a playbar and a play 1 in different rooms running wifi off a sonos adaptor connected to my router. The playbar plays tune-in radio and Tv no problem (the TV is direct connected to the player). If I try to play a spotify song on the player it fails and I get the error "Unable to play 'track name'' - the connection to Spotify was lost." A workaround we have discovered is to start the track on the play 1 (which works fine) then group the play 1 and the play bar and set the volume of the play 1 to zero and the music then plays ok through the playbar. This is really annoying and only started happening recently - less than a week - maybe coincidental with a recent sonos update? Any ideas sonos staff?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Mark151167 wrote:

I have a playbar and a play 1 in different rooms running wifi off a sonos adaptor connected to my router. The playbar plays tune-in radio and Tv no problem (the TV is direct connected to the player). If I try to play a spotify song on the player it fails and I get the error "Unable to play 'track name'' - the connection to Spotify was lost." A workaround we have discovered is to start the track on the play 1 (which works fine) then group the play 1 and the play bar and set the volume of the play 1 to zero and the music then plays ok through the playbar. This is really annoying and only started happening recently - less than a week - maybe coincidental with a recent sonos update? Any ideas sonos staff?

Hi Mark151167,

Please reproduce the error, then send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Thanks Jeff. Done. 7109139
Sorry missed the part about reproducing it first. Just did it. 7109148
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Mark151167 wrote:

Sorry missed the part about reproducing it first. Just did it. 7109148

Please reboot each of your Sonos units by removing them from power for ten seconds or so. Then, plug them back in and test out Spotify on each speaker and let me know how it goes.
Hi - that worked thanks

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)