Answered

Split Sonos Ones away from Stereo?

• 22 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have 2x Sonos Ones in a Stereo Pair in the kitchen, its only a small room so 3.5m x 3.5m and it sounds good but I am looking to expand the Sonos system to upstairs and I am thinking of moving the One’s upstairs and splitting them so I have one in the master bedroom and one in the guest bedroom to maximise sound.

I have been reading online and it says the Stereo pairing is really designed for home theatre so presumably I would better off splitting the Ones separately and sticking one in each bedroom? 

Bedrooms are 3.5m x 5m each.

Would probably look at getting a Sonos Move for the Kitchen which we can take into the garden if needed as kitchen music is not needed all that much. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 April 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are putting one Sonos One speaker in each room, you should definitely unpair them as a stereo pair and allow them to play as separate mono speakers. If you kept them paired in stereo, you would have the left channel playing in one room and the right channel playing in the other room.

The Move is a great option for a kitchen.

I have been reading online and it says the Stereo pairing is really designed for home theatre so presumably I would better off splitting the Ones separately and sticking one in each bedroom? 

That is not true.  Stereo pairing is designed for listening to music in stereo!

Bedrooms are 3.5m x 5m each.

Would probably look at getting a Sonos Move for the Kitchen which we can take into the garden if needed as kitchen music is not needed all that much. 

Thanks

Do you have a particular question?  I am not clear what help you are seeking.

If the question is about what a single One will sound like in the bedroom, if it’s good enough...the best thing to do is split up the pair and try it yourself.  A stereo pair will sound better for sure, but if a single mono speaker is good enough for your two rooms (after trueplay tuning) than that would give you the best use of your speakers and what you should do.

If it were me, I would probably just get a single One for the guest bedroom and use a pair in the master bedroom.