Answered

Speakers not connecting - possibly power surge issue?

• 22 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I have 4 Sonos zones and 5yrs of largely trouble free use. Went away for the weekend - upon return I had to reboot Sonos as the iPhone controller wouldn’t connect. Finally got most zones working but one Sonos Play 3 ( TV surround speaker ) and 2 Play 5’s ( Stereo Pair) simply won’t connect. I’ve removed the TV surrounds but one Play 3 still won’t add. And I can’t find the Play 5s at all. I’ve now realised these three speakers don’t have surge protectors - the rest do. Doesn’t seem like a coincidence. Lights are all working on the three problem speakers so may not have totally fried them. FYI, just realised my subwoofer was plugged direct to power without a surge protector but it’s still working. Maybe it’s more robust? Any thoughts on how to tell if that’s the problem? Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 22 January 2019, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi RodSoph

The best way IMO to determine if your Sonos has fallen victim to a power surge is to submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and then call Sonos Tech support.

You can also review the information in the link below regarding visuals of the LED's on your Sonos. This assumes you didn't turn them off in the Sonos app.
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US
Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You may be seeing IP related issues, use your router to set static/reserved IPs for all your Sonos gear, power it down, reboot the router and controllers then power up a wired Sonos or one closest to your router if you don't have any wired.