Question

Speakers cutting out

• 2 January 2017
  • 15 replies

Badge
6951661 Is my diagnostic number. These issues just started recently and I've had the speakers for over two years.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Badge
To elaborate I have a playbar, sub, and two surround sound play ones. When I play audio from my TV they work fine but my play three and play one in different rooms keep cutting out.
I'm having the exact same issues except for me it's the playbar that's cutting out. Just started randomly and out of the blue. My system was working perfectly beforehand. Interested to see how this is resolved.
Jatts74, may I suggest that you may want to post a diagnostic number, just like Wenglo did, for the Sonos folks to look at?
Badge
Tried changing some things and having the same issues. It's only when the sound is coming from the Tv. Pandora and Spotify both play fine. Diagnostic number 6967200.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Wenglo, can you please clarify for us: Is the issue that when you group the PLAY:1 and PLAY:3 to the Home Theatre setup, with television as a source, the PLAY:1 and PLAY:3 are dropping out? If so, how frequently is this occurring? If not... Please describe the issue for us again. The diagnostics were immaculate, which is my reason for answering your question with a question... I do apologise for that, but I'm keen to help. I would just like to ensure that I properly understand your question. Thanks!
Badge
Correct. The play 1 in the kitchen and play 3 in the bedroom were dropping out periodically. I have not noticed them doing this lately however. I am trying to pay attention to it today and see if it is still occuring.
Badge

New diagnostic. Still doing it
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

New diagnostic. Still doing it

HI Wenglo,

It looks like there's some wireless interference which could explain the audio cut outs. Please start by changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system.

Also, please make sure your BRIDGE is not too close to your router. If there are any third party wireless devices, such as cordless phones, near your Sonos units, try moving them away and see if that helps.
My diagnostic is 7137669. I have the same issue - my speakers keep cutting out. They play and then hey cut out. I've checked all the connections and its all good. I've moved the router and still nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My diagnostic is 7137669. I have the same issue - my speakers keep cutting out. They play and then hey cut out. I've checked all the connections and its all good. I've moved the router and still nothing.

HI Teri,

There's a high level of wireless interference causing your BRIDGE to be unable to communicate wirelessly with your other speaker. Please start by changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

It may also help to look around your BRIDGE for third party wireless devices which could cause interference. Try moving these away or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.
I, too, am having trouble with speakers cutting in and out from room to room (connected with three SOnos Connect controllers) and the Sonis soundbar connected to the tv. It has been working fine for 9 months since install. Just started and i thought it was from new app update but uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still jumping around...
Bookboss1, as a guess, I'd suggest that you have some duplicate IP address issues, but I would encourage you to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at, That would give you a much more accurate answer.
Diagnostic 8387841.
Badge
8388276 Sonos one cutt8ng out when playing radio stns, give weird messages like song not encoded, unable to connect, can’t buffer etc. I checked my wifi speed it’s not that
Diagnostic number 8390258.