Question

Sound quality has dropped

• 23 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Sound quality on my Play 1 has dropped really badly. It sounds just like my old stereo used to sound when one speaker stopped working! I've tried turning it on and off, switching from radio to music on my iPhone. It's really disappointing. Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this? The app has got no updates. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +20
Check bass / treble / loudnes setting, run Trueplay again to see if that helps (assuming your iPhone supprts it).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you try the Trueplay setup again as Belly M mentions. If still sounds bad you may have hardware issue and best thing to do would be call Sonos
Thank you both. I don't have the Trueplay option on my iPhone. I've logged it with Sonos so will see what they say. Sounds like it must be a hardware issue. Just so disappointing that this has happened!
Badge +20
You “could” try a factory reset but its not recommended as the logs are lost but best to speak to Sonos first.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I guess you could as a last resort if you feel it isn't working (don't know that it would do any good). If only sonos speaker you have you will lose all settings.
I was bought it as a gift 2 years ago. So I think I'm outside the warranty... Rubbish!