Sooooooo frustrated

• 23 November 2017
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Sonos sucks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
I am a long time Sonos, first adopter. I have several units of almost of every speaker and I am going to throw them all in the trash. Every timecv every time u try to turn music on you get the dreaded update message. That moment in the party when you want to turn the music on. UPDATE required. So you push the button and wait 3-5 minutes, then more often than not. It fails, start over. 3-5 minutes. Everybody waiting for music. Fail. Fail, fail. Them I reload tor app, my account is missing, restart my services. Throw the crap out. Make the updates optional, put them in the background.
Sounds like you have serious wifi issues. Best to get your network fixed to thoroughly enjoy the ease and stability of Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Nope, not at all! I have absolutely no issue with my Wi-Fi. And Wi-Fi has nothing to do with constant forced updates and a new user interface that's missing the music services button, and, and.... Still not listening to music
Also a long-time Sonos user experiencing similar problems with updates. Of late, every update fails and boots every Sonos device off of my network. The only way to get them back online is to factory reset each speaker (6x) and Connect (1x). Then it's another hour or two after that to add the (large) library again, and it's a crapshoot each time as to what songs will actually be indexed. There are no issues with my wifi or router; there are more than 30 devices excluding Sonos on my network and the ONLY devices I've ever had problems with are the Sonos devices. The only positive about these speakers is the sound. Everything else is pure misery, as the infinite array of problems outlined in these pages attest to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Reseting Sonos System is not the way to fix. You actually do have network issues if they don’t reconnect properly. Next time come her and get Avicenna on how to properly fix.

If you really want to not have problems. With everything working now go into your router and reserve the ip addresses for all your Sonos units. You won’t have any future troubles then (as 100% likely IP address errors are your problem each time).

Also you can go into settings advanced in Sonos app and disable auto updates if you so choose.
Hi Chris, Unfortunately it is the only way to fix. All IP addresses are reserved, always have been - this is not the issue. Auto updates are obviously disabled, but at some point one must update otherwise much functionality is lost.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Shouldn’t require. I would get support next time bs doing thatamd find out really what is happening.
Thanks Chris. I also agree that it shouldn't require, but so far, Sonos Support has not been able to pin-point the issue(s).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well if you were actually on phone with Sonos support and they had you hard reset I can't object. There just is something wrong as far as your network and Sonos.

I have 14 Sonos units now (just installed Sonos One today) and haven't had to do a hard reset on more than one device in last 5 years. After having assigned IP addresses I've only had a Sonos network issue once in past 3 years and that was on beta software.

With past couple updates in past month I haven't had a single hardware connectivity issue. Only problem would be the rather clunky new app - but player wise not a drop out.
Based on my own experience with Sonos, as well as the innumerable and varied issues detailed in this community, you are seemingly one of the lucky ones, Chris. I hope everything continues working well for you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Most people that come on forum are those with issues. It is not a proper representation of the general Sonos user as those without issues rarely visit. But there are many long term users, who regular the board, that have very similar experiences as me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Based on my own experience with Sonos, as well as the innumerable and varied issues detailed in this community, you are seemingly one of the lucky ones, Chris. I hope everything continues working well for you :)
That is like surveying the general health of the population by restricting your sample to the confines of a hospital.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can turn off updates too?