Soooo happy to have switched from Bose Sound Touch to Sonos Play!!!

• 24 July 2018
  • 1 reply

This is just to express how pumped-up I am about the decision to switch from Bose Sound Touch wifi multi-room speakers to Sonos Play 1 and Play 3 (total of 4 speakers) and at the same time I want give credit to Sonos for making such awesome products!
Some of you may know that Bose released in Mid May 2018 "security update" for their multi-room range of speakers marketed as Sound Touch - this firmware update literally bricked vast majority of the speakers used in wifi mode essentially disabling the multi-room feature called "Play all".
I have in good faith collected logs from my 3 Bose ST speakers 18-times and shared them with Bose engineering team to reproduce, troubleshoot and fix. I was naive. It's been more than 9 weeks since the bad firmware crippled the speakers and yet Bose has not figured out to fix it, they won't allow anyone to roll-back to previous version of fw and advise that people upgrade their wifi routers instead! - just craaaaazy...:(
No ETA, no "we are sorry", nothing...folks at Bose Community (look up thread "Play-all" if you want to see how ignorant Bose can be) are going nuts - Bose is deleting posts of folks who suggested to file a class action suit against Bose etc...

Anyways - as my 3 Bose ST's were still covered by Amazon.de 2 year warranty I sent them back, requested refund `and ordered 4 Sonos Play 1 and 3 speakers...everything works like a charm: multi-room, sleep timer, alarm, individual EQ settings per each room individually, Trueplay and yes - they sound just great...

Sonos has won a new promoter and Bose a new (but still fair) detractor - you get what you deserve
Take care,
Martin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Martin, wow, what an experience. Glad to have you on board! Companies needing to retire products after their natural lifespan is one thing, but to unsympathetically (and apparently accidentally) ruin the functionality of several at once? Gosh. I do think you'll find that our company functions slightly differently to that- both on and off the boards. Welcome. Please do let us know if we can help in any way.