Answered

Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable - Bluetooth to Sonos Move

• 3 December 2020
  • 16 replies

Hi - I have got a Sonos Move and want to connect a  SONY PS-LX310BT bluethooth turntable to it. When I put both into pairing mode nothing happens. The turntable doesn't automatically connect and has no screen to make it happen. 

Anyone have experience of this? Or been able to make them happen.

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by groenroos 3 January 2021, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @James Stewart, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Sonos Move was designed to play audio from mobile devices. Sonos Move is compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for setup and Bluetooth BT 4.2 supports AAC and SBC. 

Pairing the Sonos Move to SONY PS-LX310BT Bluetooth turntable may or may not work. Also, upon checking the FAQ's for Sony PS-LX310BT, you cannot pair your unit with smartphones, TVs, or computers. The unit can use the Bluetooth function to send data to playback devices that support Bluetooth wireless technology; however, because the unit cannot receive data from smartphones, TVs, or computers, the unit cannot pair with them.

We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide a suggestion about this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Is there any update on this. Both support Bluetooth SBC so I can’t see what the issue could be. 

I don’t see any information on the Move blurb which says this is meant to only be a Bluetooth speaker for mobile devices. 

You buy a Bluetooth speaker to player from a Bluetooth device should be simple?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @stella118

Thanks for your response and for updating us. Let me share this information with you.

You're right, a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a Bluetooth device. The Sonos Move is a receiver. It should be paired with a controller like a mobile device to be able to connect. We don't limit our customers to try other options in pairing Sonos Move to other devices. However, we won't be able to guarantee if it will work. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide a suggestion about this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Hey,

I was having these issues. What you need to do is click the button in the middle to switch it from WiFi to Bluetooth. 

Once you’ve done that you can hold the Bluetooth button down until it’s blue, then do the same on the vinyl and voila it works. 

Worth mentioning that Alexa won’t work with this because at this point it’s just a Bluetooth speaker. 

Hi Stephanie, does this work also on the One SL and if so, which button in the middle is it, the top (play/pause) or on the back with the infinite symbol?

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hi Stephanie, does this work also on the One SL and if so, which button in the middle is it, the top (play/pause) or on the back with the infinite symbol?

Thanks

Unfortunately, the One SL is not a Bluetooth speaker.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the One SL is not a Bluetooth speaker.

That’s a pity indeed. Thnx

Badge

I was able to pair my Sonos Move with my Sony PS-LX310BT.

I had to go through all the phones in the household to forget the Move from the Bluetooth settings of each, so it’s not even accidentally trying to connect to any previous phones.

Then I sat them right next to each other, power cycled the Move, turned on its pairing mode first, and then the turntable’s pairing mode after. After a few seconds, they paired, to my surprise.

It did require some trial-and-error and random pressing of pairing buttons, but I can confirm that it is possible with this exact model of turntable, and I’m currently listening to my records via the Move.

I had to go through all the phones in the household to forget the Move from the Bluetooth settings of each, so it’s not even accidentally trying to connect to any previous phones.

Then I sat them right next to each other, power cycled the Move, turned on its pairing mode first, and then the turntable’s pairing mode after. After a few seconds, they paired, to my surprise.

It did require some trial-and-error and random pressing of pairing buttons, but I can confirm that it is possible with this exact model of turntable, and I’m currently listening to my records via the Move.

I tried this 20 Times, but IT seems IT doesn't work here any advice?

I tried this 20 Times, but IT seems IT doesn't work here any advice?

I did a factory reset but that did not work. But i think reconecting my phone to the move did it. The phone said that the sonos changed the BT protocol. Then, I quickly disconnected my phone and linked the move  with the record player. It finally worked ( after 3 hours of klicking all buttons :)) Now i can enjoy my records even outside!

I’m in the same boat as others - bought a Bluetooth Speaker (Move) to be able to play from a Bluetooth device. 

Is it really a trial and error experience ? I think I’m into hour 4 of trying everything to pair and will not do it - wiping all prior BT pairings on both devices also

Surely you pay £400 you expect Move to be able to work with ANY Bluetooth device ?

Userlevel 7

@Leeworth60 What Bluetooth devices are you using? Are you sure the Move is in Bluetooth mode?

Yep Move can Pair with iPhone no issues. Cant pair with the turntable 

I’ve also seen feedback on multiple chats that the Move was designed “for mobile devices” Then just say that - if you sell a Bluetooth speaker with limitations advertise them. I’ve now got to send back a £400 speaker which I’ve just saved up for to connect to an existing system via WiFi with the option of Bluetooth for outside, my laptop and my turntable. If I could only use on my iPhone I have a Beam over WiFi for that ! 

Userlevel 7

@Leeworth60 Put the Move in Bluetooth pairing mode by pressing and holding the mode button on the back until the top light on the Move flashes blue. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button on the turntable until it begins rapidly flashing blue. Then hold the Move as close to the left side of the turntable as possible until it connects. If it doesn’t connect, press the Bluetooth button again on the turntable until it flashes blue at a slower pace and hold the Move close to the turntable again.

Try to connect a android device with bluetooth, i don't remeber the exact massage i got, but i think it was that the move or phone changed bluetooth protocol form AAC to sbc ( of other way arround) . Then I turned off my phone and quickly turned the turn table on. It did pair imediatly. Finally after some hours.