Sonos Wireless Speaker integration with Shure Mic Fitness Headset Microphone

• 18 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Pilates studio that offers group, instructor-led classes. I am told that the Shure Mic Fitness Headset Microphone (Shure BLX14/SM31-H9 Wireless System with SM31FH Fitness Headset Microphone, H9) can be set up to play over our Sonos wireless speakers.

I am told I may need another part because the Sure Mic needs to plug into something (it has an XLR Mic cable connection). What do I need in order to make this work? Thank you very much!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would not advise. Due to the buffering needed to stream to multiple speakers, the line-in is delayed 70 ms. This makes real-time performances difficult on Sonos, because the output will be 70 ms after you speak, screwing up the timing. Also, if you are looking to speak over the music, that is not possible. You can only choose a single source on each speaker, the line-in or a music source.

Best to get a real PA for the instructor and use Sonos for the music.