Question

Sonos VR?

• 25 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi all,
I have a question about Sonos and its delay from sound processing.
I want to run a VR system through my PC, but use Sonos as a surround sound for my VR sound. My system will be PC->HDMI to TV->optical to Playbar (including two play 1 rears and a Sub). The PC will also have a couple inputs running into the VR headset.
I want people to watch what is going on in VR on the TV, but have the player fully immersed in the surround sound.
However, I am worried that Sonos's sound processing will cause a delay from the source (VR on the computer) and the game sound coming through the speakers. Does anyone know if this system would work seamlessly, or if it's something I should avoid?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
The playbar adds very little delay ime, but I can't imagine it being in sync with your other inputs and computer speakers. I don't have anything more concrete to add as I haven't tried anything like what you are doing b
But the PC needs to be putting out a Dolby Digital signal, not DTS (or anything else, for that matter). Which probably depends on some settings in the software you're going to be using.