Sonos v. Heos Comparison

Badge
I am trying to find straight comparison's between the various Sonos and Heos speakers. Ignoring the apps, lawsuits, and preference of appearance and instead focusing strictly on sound quality, does anyone know of where to find some good comparisons between the products or maybe have done comparisons of their own?

Below are a few basics as best I understand or have compared:

Sonos One v. Heos 1 - Most seem to give the Sonos One a slight edge in sound quality.

Sonos Play 3 v. Heos 3 - Neither really seems to have an edge.

Sonos Play 5 v. Heos 5 - Most seem to give the Play 5 a slight edge in sound quality.

Sonos Play 5 v. Heos 7 - A vast majority seem to give the Heos 7 the easy edge here. It seems to be highly rated all around.

Sonos PlayBar (w/ sub) v. Heos HomeCinema - Neither really seem to have an edge.

Sonos PlayBar (w/ sub) v. Heos Bar (w/ sub) - Reviews that compare these are hard to find but between the lack of HDMI on the PlayBar and the raw specs of the Heos Bar, it seems to be the better pick. A few stores will tell you the same.

Does anyone have links that support/refute the above? What are your personal experiences?

Have the specs for the new PlayBar/PlayBase leaked?

Thx.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

88 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
... and the fact those devices have no communities. Red flag... just sayin.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
... and the fact those devices have no communities. Red flag... just sayin.

That is a fair comment and concerning. I like the free debate approach of this focum where diacussioj of competitive products is not restricted. It is healthy and I think reinfoces Sonos credibility. Appreciate it might be annoying for some though. But that’s the way of most things in life.

PS: to offset any offence I’ve sacrifices more folding stuff at the alter. 5 more Sonos speakers on the way 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, this discussion went way off topic, so I've deleted some posts to clean it up. Please don't attack any other users for any reasons, and try to stay friendly. If this thread can't remain friendly we'll close it down. We encourage discussion, so please feel free to keep on the topic at hand.

If you have any questions, please message me directly instead of re-sparking the off-topic discussion.

Thanks!