SONOS utter rubish. Software unresponsive and constantly needs reset.

• 3 November 2021
  • 1 reply

So… since Sonos decided to cease support for the play 5, Connect etc. My Sonos system with legacy products is now so very unreliable.  Utter Rubbish.

I used to be so very positive about Sonos and their products.  I now really have NOTHING positive to say.

It has got to the point now where I regret buying this expensive rubbish.

Dont get me wrong, when it works it sounds great but that’s if you can control it!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’m not sure what you’re saying. Sonos still supports the PLAY:5 gen 1, as they do the CONNECT, both on the S1 version of the software. 

Unreliability is usually as a result of issues with the network in some fashion. Have you submitted a diagnostic from your controller, and contacted Sonos with the resulting number? They’re frequently able to help clear up any lingering network issues, or even identify if/when a device has a hardware failure. 

If you have a BRIDGE in your system, I’d encourage you to ditch it, too, as they power supply often goes on them, and gives all sorts of hard to track issues. Instead, just wire one of your other Sonos devices to your router directly, or even hang the entire system off of your wifi.