Sonos: unable to browse music with spotify

I am unable to browse music with spotify on my sonos. 

Tried the usual reset actions:
reset modem connection, reset bridge, remove and re-authorize spotify account.

Nothing helps. In the past resetting would make a difference. Actually quite amazed how unstable the sonos / spotify integration is.

Please how a look at my issue. Diagnostic support ticket: 3910512

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

67 replies

Seems to be working here in UK now. Certainly for me.
Nice, works for me as well in Sweden
Works again in The Netherlands.
i can confirm its working in uk
Still not working in Ireland. It worked Christmas Eve and then the problem started yesterday morning but came back in the afternoon. Today it's been unable to browse spotify all day. I got a second sonos speaker 2 days ago with free deeper for a year and cannot help but wonder if sonos is in bed with deezer and causing problems for spotify premium users to get us all to switch. Very unsatisfactory.
Userlevel 1
Still not working in Ireland. It worked Christmas Eve and then the problem started yesterday morning but came back in the afternoon. Today it's been unable to browse spotify all day. I got a second sonos speaker 2 days ago with free deeper for a year and cannot help but wonder if sonos is in bed with deezer and causing problems for spotify premium users to get us all to switch. Very unsatisfactory.
Working here in Dublin fort me on both mac and iphone, it came back about two hours ago.
I seem to be experiencing the same problem as described in this thread. As of today, I'm no longer able to browse my Spotify music via the Sonos app on any of my devices including laptop, iPhones and iPads. I can access and play Spotify directly through the Spotify app. Also, I am able to play the Spotify music currently in my Sonos queues. Please suggest a solution ASAP, otherwise my Sonos systems are very expensive dust collectors. Thank you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Please suggest a solution ASAP, otherwise my Sonos systems are very expensive dust collectors. Thank you.
Hello DB88, can you remove your Spotify account within the Sonos app, and reboot all the Sonos devices by unplugging the power for about 5sec each.

Also, reboot the router. Once everything is connected again, re-add your Spotify account and let us know how it goes. If the system is still experiencing the same issue please send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Hello - I am experiencing the same issues - Unable to Browse Music / Browse the Queue.. It started happening 2 days ago.. I did the above suggested items, and its still happening
Same problem after one day using my sonos play 1 in Hong Kong. Very disappointing experience! all the above mentioned didn't work.... submitted diagnostics...
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Same problem after one day using my sonos play 1 in Hong Kong. Very disappointing experience! all the above mentioned didn't work.... submitted diagnostics...
We'd be happy to have a look. Can you reply with the confirmation number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, trixlme. I responded to you in your own thread.
Found this thread online, and after a couple of months having issues with Spotify account in my system and getting the same feedback as everyone else, just felt like registering my experience here. This is ridiculous... my system worked perfectly for more than a year, then of of a sudden Spotify can't find the account any longer. Like everyone else, what's on the playlist works fine as well as favorites. My controller can't find TuneIn server either, but some stations were already on my favorites and they worked without a problem. however, I cannot use TuneIn or Spotify servers... As many have said already, the issue is NOT on my side, obviously. Actually just today it started working again in the morning... then comes the afternoon and my joy is gone. What the hell SONOS? You have awesome hardware, but man is this thing destroying the product for me... I would expect the same level of premium service as the investment we have made on the brand with considerable expense 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Found this thread online, and after a couple of months having issues with Spotify account in my system and getting the same feedback as everyone else, just felt like registering my experience here. This is ridiculous... my system worked perfectly for more than a year, then of of a sudden Spotify can't find the account any longer. Like everyone else, what's on the playlist works fine as well as favorites. My controller can't find TuneIn server either, but some stations were already on my favorites and they worked without a problem. however, I cannot use TuneIn or Spotify servers... As many have said already, the issue is NOT on my side, obviously. Actually just today it started working again in the morning... then comes the afternoon and my joy is gone. What the hell SONOS? You have awesome hardware, but man is this thing destroying the product for me... I would expect the same level of premium service as the investment we have made on the brand with considerable expense :@

Hi Piz_77,

Are you using an iPhone running iOS10? If so, there's a particular issue with the DNS resolution that affects TuneIn and Spotify on Sonos. Try playing either service on a Sonos controller that isn't running iOS10. If it works, there's a quick fix. Head into your iPhone's settings menu, click on wifi settings and then click the "i" next to your network's name. Head down to the DNS setting and change the DNS server to GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. See if you can then play Spotify and TuneIn.

If this doesn't help, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Holy cow! It works! I am using iOS 10 and updating DNS worked perfectly! Let's see if this will "stick" or if soon enough I'll have issues again! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Also since you seem to know this sort of thing, I must say my windows 10 controller does not work either... however the issue here is that it doesn't locate my SONOS network. Is there a similar trick I could try here, you think? Thanks again!!!
For anyone who is having this issue... I was having the same error and was able to correct mine by joining the correct wireless network on my Mac. For example, my Sonos speakers are all connected to Bell, and my laptop had auto connected to the second wireless network my modem has which is Bell-5G. While I was connected to Bell-5G, I was able to control my Sonos speakers and such, but was getting the Spotify error. When I connected to the Bell network and restarted the Sonos app on my Mac it worked perfectly. Since I've become aware of this I haven't had any Spotify issues.
Been through this very long thread! Same thing has happened to me one day after receiving my Sonos one(s). I can play Spotify via the Spotify app but when using Sonos app it’s says unable to browse music. I tried the reboot and everything. No change. Worked on the first day then next day had this issue.

Did we decide that essentially this is a Sonos backend issue? No one seems to have resolved their issue through the reboot of speakers and router (which btw is a real pain especially if you have to re configure routers.)

Have uploaded two images 1) showing the unable to browse music and 2) showing that on the rooms tab I am now only able to play what was playing the night before when it worked.

Is there a proper explanation for why this is happening and how to solve?

First time Sonos user and pretty disappointed so far!