Question

Sonos & Tesla ?

• 4 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Would Sonos consider creating a speaker system for Tesla vehicles ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

That would be ludicrous. :8
Userlevel 7
Hi Maleny

I wouldn't go so far as to call your question ludicrous. Many home speaker manufacturers have entered the automotive speaker arena. Bose, Harmon Kardon, Klipsch, JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood, Polk Audio just to name a few.

However, for Sonos to enter the automotive speaker market they would have to design a BT speaker to achieve a reliable connection. Sonos is focused on wireless over Wi-Fi or the SonosNet.

While Wi-Fi is incorporated into vehicles (not sure about Tesla) it is primarily used for GPS and internet connection while on the road. I guess one could make an argument for streaming services such as Spotify for example. However, in a moving vehicle the coverage could become spotty and the vast majority would blame the speaker manufacturer; which IMO would be wrong to do so.

But never say never...as consumer demands change...manufacture's are always looking for ways to set themselves apart from the competition. Keep thinking out-side of the box!

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I wouldn't go so far as to call your question ludicrous.
That was actually just a nice play on words -- alluding to Tesla's 'ludicrous' acceleration mode.
Userlevel 7
I wouldn't go so far as to call your question ludicrous.
That was actually just a nice play on words -- alluding to Tesla's 'ludicrous' acceleration mode.

Thanks pwt. I had a suspicion it was some kind of joke;). Just wanted to make sure the OP didn't feel rejected and maybe not bother to post again. As this like any forum lacks the ability to visually observe a responder_one never knows how comments are interpreted.

Cheers!
It was indeed meant as a Spaceballs / Tesla reference.:D
Apologies if it wasn't all too clear for some of you at first.
In general, I currently cannot see a practical use case for multiroom hifi in a small vehicle which lacks, first of all, more than 'one' room. It might have its' use in a customized Tesla Semi with several rooms built into the back of the..I'm getting carried away.:8
Userlevel 7
..I'm getting carried away.:8

Yes you are. LOL 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
That would be ludicrous. :8

I got it 😉.