Answered

Sonos Surrounds

• 19 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi guys 

newbie here but absolutely pulling my hair out with adding my surrounds to my beam.

Beam works fine but when I go to connect the surrounds - it says that I need compatible speakers and check they are on WiFi.

ive gone through the whole power down everything routine and start up one by one but nothing…

I have even connected via Ethernet and nothing, it’s as if they are not even recognized at all as they don’t show up….. 

any help would be much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Chris_swed 19 December 2020, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What speakers do you plan to use as surrounds?

I have 2 Sonos 1 speakers 

Play 1 they are

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just to clarify: are they One’s or Play:1’s? There are two different speakers, and a mix of one and Play:1 cannot be stereo-paired or used as surrounds.

Are you setting them up for the first time or have you already had them running on your network, assigned to a different room?

Are they new or pre-owned? 

Hi yeah they are both play 1 

I’ve had them working before in the same room but noticed recently I cannot play anything through them. I have recently changed my router in the same room.

these were bought brand new from the store 

So managed to reset the speakers completely and now everything works - finally 

Now I have to do the same in my other room apart from this is a Playbar this time :)

thanks again for all the support and for those who reached out