Sonos sucks

• 28 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Stopped connecting to wifi absolute garbage technology

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
What do you mean by it is no longer connecting to wifi? its also worth noting that this forum tends to have advice from other sonos owners rather than sonos representatives, so you're not really going to gain much by insulting it here.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
+1 give support a call they will help you get it sorted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your connecting direct to WiFi your not even using the Sonos technology (sonosnet) that made it famous for reliability.
Userlevel 1
Im having same issues. Sonos Play or 1, not sure. the very first little model speaker. If I ever unplug a speaker an move to another plug in the room, it won't play again. Pressing the two buttons never fixes it, or worse, SOMETIMES it fixes it. Garbage technology and User Interface.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As you seem disgruntled and not asking for help here to solve issue I recommend calling Sonos support line to troubleshoot your problem. It is your network not Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As Chris says there are people on this forum who are not only willing but able to help you resolve your problems and have your set-ups working properly. The quid pro quo is you describe your set-up in detail (router, how connected, what units, what you're doing when you get issues, what happens, error messages). You can also post an error log number and a Sonos rep will review and provide feedback.

If you can't be bothered to provide even basic details of the issue and indeed just post a complaint nobody is going to help nor even want to likely as not.
Sonos is "plug and pray" - halfway through our Christmas party everything came to a halt - no sound, no connection and lots of people asking "where's the music"? Internet connection was strong - SONOS was weak. Could not get things working again until I did a factory reset the following day. Tons of money and tons of trouble. Every party has a pooper and I guess that why we bought a SONOS. Just awful set-up and guess what? I can only call tech support during 9 to 5 hours Monday through Friday. Hope Apple buys out this dog and gets the product working every time we try to get some music.
Sonos is "plug and pray" - halfway through our Christmas party everything came to a halt - no sound, no connection and lots of people asking "where's the music"? Internet connection was strong - SONOS was weak. Could not get things working again until I did a factory reset the following day. Tons of money and tons of trouble. Every party has a pooper and I guess that why we bought a SONOS. Just awful set-up and guess what? I can only call tech support during 9 to 5 hours Monday through Friday. Hope Apple buys out this dog and gets the product working every time we try to get some music.Unfortunately it’s difficult for the other Sonos users here to help you, as have not mentioned anything at all about your Sonos system, or the network setup... but I can tell you that Sonos do certainly provide 24/7 Twitter and Facebook support. See below link:

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.

I will also mention that a hardware reset of your Sonos Household is normally an absolute 'very last resort' thing and often only required when instructed to do so by Customer Care Staff in most circumstances. The reset will have unfortunately wiped out all the 'much needed' stored diagnostic information logs, which may have helped the Staff discover the root cause of your problems.

If it happens again, I would immediately submit a system diagnostic and then get hold of Sonos Staff to have a look and see where your real problems lie. The below link explains how to submit a diagnostic, should you have further problems...

Submit System Diagnostics

Hope this information proves helpful to you in the future. ?