Question

Sonos Sub and Sonos Move

• 4 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone, Ive been using Sonos for a few years now with my regular home AV system, but i'm a complete newbie to Sonos speakers, so I just purchased a Move for camping, trade shows, trail/driveway drinking etc. i have a year or so old Sonos Sub that i have never used yet.
So, is it possible to set up the same single speaker (Sonos Move) for two room profiles?
one room with a Sonos Sub and another without sub, all on wifi of course.
so in other words can i take the Move out of one room with the sub into lets say the garage with no sub under a different room profile and listen without the sub thumping in other room?

Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Good to know, thanks for the reply!!
No, this cannot be done. The Move speaker does not bond directly with a Sonos Sub because Move is designed to move around your home. Pairing with a Sub could result in mid and high frequencies in one room and bass in another for imbalanced sound and an inferior listening experience.

You can, however, group the Move with a system that includes Sub, such as a 5.1 home cinema setup.