Sonos Sub 3 Magnets

• 9 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Are the magnets in the Sonos SUB strong enough to negatively effect a PS5 or other gaming console? Is there a recommended safe distance to keep these kind of devices from the SUB?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @CLohouse.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

That’s odd, it should be the other way around.

How's your Sonos Sub is it getting some issue also or is it just the PS5?

Try to move the Sub at least 10feet away from your console.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @CLohouse.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

That’s odd, it should be the other way around.

How's your Sonos Sub is it getting some issue also or is it just the PS5?

Try to move the Sub at least 10feet away from your console.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The poster didn’t say they were having problems, they asked if there could be problems and if so, what to do about them.

To the OP, the magnets in the Sub are shielded to limit interference with other electronics.  Don’t worry about placement, there should be no harm done to your PS5.  

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I currently do not have any issues, but I would like to put the sub near the TV console and just want to make sure I am not going to harm anything.  I’ve read that Sub magnets can damage certain devices, by being too close to hard drives and such, but that may not apply to ssd hard drives. I was mostly curious if there is a company recommendation for distance, regarding the sub.

Thanks!