Question

Sonos speakers pause in middle of songs

• 8 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Sonos speakers in the living room started to pause music then start up again after a few seconds about three weeks ago! I also have speakers in the kitchen and dinning room but they work fine. Diagnostic #163414073.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ernievm, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

Upon checking the report, it's telling me that the diagnostic was incomplete and not returning any information about your system. However, I can see that all your speakers are online.

Can you please submit another diagnostic? You can also try to submit from another mobile device/controller and include the confirmation numbers in your response for us to check. 

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Here is another diagnostic #1955821912

Here is another diagnostic from another mobile device #1162147355 !

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ernievm, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic reports. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your network that may be caused by wireless congestion, an audio dropout was detected in your due to sync error and the audio feed is too slow causing the playback to stop. These network-related issues that may be causing the issue.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

1. A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  2. Ungroup your Sonos speakers
    • Start playback on each speaker to check if the music will stop or skip.
    • Observe your Sonos performance.
  3. Change SonosNet channel
    • Changing the wireless channel is a troubleshooting step in reducing wireless interference.
    • Settings tab, select System > Network > SonosNet Channel > Change the wireless channel to 11
    • Observe your Sonos performance.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and include the confirmation number of the diagnostic report in your response for us to check. 

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.