Answered

Sonos speakers keeps going mute on songs and skipping tracks

• 17 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello

About 6 Months ago I purchased 5 Sonos one speakers to put around the walls of a hair salon I recently opened.

For the last 2 weeks songs keep going silent mid song, coming back to the song and constantly skipping tracks. 

I have looked at ways to fix it in these forums such as securing each speaker its own reserved IP address. Unplugging each one and plugging them back in. I have even reset every speaker and re set up the system. Nothing has worked.

I have also contacted the wireless provider who have promised me we have secure fast broadband.

I’m at my wits end. I feel the only real solve is to sell all the sonos speakers and set up a wired system. but I don’t want to do this. 

PLEASE HELP!

icon

Best answer by James L. 17 June 2021, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Boone and Last Hair salon,

I noticed you’ve included the Spotify tag in your post. We’re aware of an issue at the moment that can cause some users to experience skipping tracks or repeated sections of tracks while using Spotify through the Sonos app. 

Could you please try using Spotify Connect to see if that improves the playback for you? Alternatively, please try a different music service to see if that also makes a difference.

Hi James

Thanks for your quick reply.

it still does the same on Sonos Radio.

Thanks

Any other options  @James L. ?

Lee

Badge +17

At this point I suggest submitting a diagnostic report after experiencing dropouts using Sonos Radio, then get in touch with our customer care team over the phone. They’ll be able to look into the causes of the audio interruptions and work with you live to investigate this.

I think its time to sell my Sonos set up.

I have 9 Play 1 and a boost. I’ve tried everything multiple times for so long now it’s driving me round the bend. Used to work ok with SkyQ router (14mb) when I disabled 2.4 and gave each speaker a static IP. Then it started playing up. Six months of that and I changed to BT Smart Hub 2 (150mb). Even worse even after router update. I have a small, new 3 bed detached. The router and boost are ceiling height  as central to the house as possible but Sonos still refuses to be stable, constantly losing a room or part of a stereo pair.

There are just too many variables coming into play to make this system worth bothering with.