Question

Sonos speaker has stopped playing in one room

• 19 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Was working fine but now won’t play in one room. Will do so if grouped but not on its own. How can I fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, matthewmor12345. What happens when you attempt to play audio to the one room? Do you get an error message?

While trying to play audio to the room by itself, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. I'll be happy to take a quick look and point you in the right direction. Thanks!
Hello,
Confirmation number is 1643611948. It seems to be something linked to a WiFi booster that I have in the same room as when I plugged the speaker in close to the router it worked fine. Thing is, I’ve had the booster for months and had no problem. Error 701 comes up a bit
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Let's take a closer look at the network. According to the diagnostic report, I am seeing a number of different network devices (likely wireless extenders) that each Sonos player is attempting to wirelessly connect to. By plugging the Beam in, it significantly changes how Sonos moves data around from player to player. This likely explains why it works when you plug it in.

Is it possible to keep the Beam plugged in? Would you mind submitting a diagnostic with the Beam working? Thanks again.
Thanks for your help so far. What exactly is the beam?! All I’ve done so far is plug the problematic speaker in near the router that the other speaker is connected to. I think the problem is likely with the extender we have in the kitchen. As you say, speaker is trying to connect to this. But this didn’t happen before now so why the sudden change? And is there a way that I can make the problematic speaker stick to the original network? Thank you!