Answered

Sonos speaker disconnected

• 28 May 2019
  • 4 replies

One of my Sonos 3 speakers was lost from my system and I can't reconnect it. My daughter was running it from the app on her iPhone, but I use the Sonos controller. The speaker is no longer listed in my rooms. Tried everything. I sent in a diagnostic, conf # 101785643 that you can check.

Any suggestions?

Rick
icon

Best answer by rgrochal 30 May 2019, 01:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@rgrochal -

Thanks for the diagnostic report. It seems that there is a Play:3 in the Kitchen. Is there another that should be included? If so, have you tried rebooting the player by removing it from power and plugging it back in? What color is the LED on the top of the missing speaker?

Alternatively, you can also temporarily connect this speaker to the network using an Ethernet cable and see if it will reconnect. Let us know how you get on.
Yes, I have a Play 3 in the Kitchen and it is working just fine. The one that is not working is the one I had in the Dining Room. We disconnected it to play outside and then when brought back inside it was no longer listed on the system. When I plug it in the LED lights go from blinking white, to blinking green (2 of them), and then when I press the top two buttons it goes to solid orange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Did you try hard-wiring it per Keith's suggestion?
Yes, I tried the hard wire approach and that did not work. But, Nick L. from Sonos Customer Care came to the rescue!! He advised that I reset the speaker and then add it back to the system. He provided the steps to both tasks. And it worked! Thank you Nick L. !!