Question

Sonos Speaker 1 Room configuration

• 16 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi All

I’m brand new to Sonos and have bought 2x Sonos ones (using in stereo) and also a Play 3.

I have a large sideboard and have set my pair of ones up at either end with the play 3 in the middle.

Is this OK and what would the best settings be?

Or

Am I totally mad and I shouldn’t have them all in the same room?

Thanks in advance

Liam

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
For me it would depend on the size of the room. Two Play 1's were good enough by themselves where I had them set up. If the two ones were adequate for the space I would put the three in another room.
For me it would depend on the size of the room. Two Play 1's were good enough by themselves where I had them set up. If the two ones were adequate for the space I would put the three in another room.

The room is quite large.

If I just gave the 1’s on I think the sound is fab.

If I have the 1s and the Play 3 on I think the sound is better (a bit more meat and less tiny)

And if after having both on I go back to just having the 1’s they sound a bit tinny. I don’t know if this is because the play3 is a bit more base’y?

As it’s set up in the middle and they both have stereo I’m assuning it does not matter and interfere with the stereo setting anyway (correct me if I’m wrong as I know literally nothing lol)
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Ok, in a larger room a three would be a good way to beef up the ones without going to the expense of a sub. The extra speaker in the three would probably help with the low end a fair bit.

Down the road you could consider a second three for that room and use the ones in bedrooms or kitchen perhaps. Just something to consider.
Brill,

My next question is do I create 2 rooms and then put them in 1 group.

The reason I ask is because I have the 1s on a stereo config, it not let me add another speaker to that room.
For the best stereo effects, do not place the 3 on the same side board as the stereo pair. If you need even sound distribution in the large space, place the 3 on the other side of the room; else in another room.

Add a number after the room name if the same name is being barred. Or any other name that makes sense to you.

Finally, the best placement is where music sounds best to you, that is the most important thing.
I don’t know if (in my hearing) using it makes much difference to stereo. Is the play 3 not a stereo unit anyway?

I want to use it more of a bass if I’m honest like silverthorne said,

Also does anyone have any EQ knowledge on how to set them up if working that way as again I’m well out of my depth lol