Sonos shower speaker

Sonos shower speaker (water proof speaker) would allow another option for listening that would be great.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Sonos has no battery powered speaker at this time, and I imagine putting an AC powered speaker in a shower is frowned upon by most electrical codes.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Sonos has no battery powered speaker at this time, and I imagine putting an AC powered speaker in a shower is frowned upon by most electrical codes.

Not here in Spain! A/C outlets in bathroom. Perhaps building standards have changed in recent years however.

Not here in Spain! A/C outlets in bathroom. Perhaps building standards have changed in recent years however.

Oh we have AC outlets in the bathroom in the US too. GFI outlets, to be exact. But that doesn't mean I'm taking my AC powered speaker in the shower with me, any more than I would submerge a toaster to get the bathwater hot.
PLAY:1 can deal with the humidity of a bathroom, but don't expose PLAY:1 directly to running water or splashes. Regardless of electrical codes or GFI outlets, I would not recommend operating the PLAY:1 buttons while standing in water.
Sonos shower speaker (water proof speaker) would allow another option for listening that would be great.
So to be clear what you are asking: You would like a speaker company based in drought ravaged California to create a product that will encourage people to take longer showers and waste more water? I'm sure this is near the top of their to-do list. 🙂
why not have an interface for Sonos where you can connect to a third-party speaker?
Connect Amp does just this.
I've not seen a shower speaker that was internet connected, only bluetooth. Are there such a thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Speaker in ceiling above Shower and done!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Use a CONNECT:AMP to power speakers in a bathroom, be they in-ceiling or even outdoor speakers (so they are sealed against the humidity) that you mount near the shower.
I 100% agree that it would be GREAT to have a battery operated wireless waterproof speaker in the shower. I have a steam shower, so I have glass all the way up to the ceiling. This does not allow for any sound to come through from the rest of the bathroom.

I know there are other companies that make wireless battery operated waterproof speakers – if Sonos does not want to create something like this, then why not have an interface for Sonos where you can connect to a third-party speaker?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sonos speakers are sealed and therefore resistant to humidity, so if you have a reasonably large master bathroom, you can put the speaker away from the shower. All the Sonos devices can fill a bathroom for sure.
Connect:Amp allows you to connect third party speakers. I currently have outdoor Bose speakers mounted to the exterior back wall of the house for music in the backyard. I am about to install marine grade speakers (supplied by steam generator manufacturer) to a 2nd Connect:Amp to stream music into a steam room under construction. The Connect:Amp will be located in an adjoining room where both the Connect:Amp and the outlet will be dry! Will be repeating this set up for the Master Bathroom with Kohler speakers. 🆒
I also would love to see a battery powered water proof speaker developed. Many other speaker mfrs are already making these so why not Sonos too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have Sonos One in bathroom - perfect place to grab a quick song for shower or other duties (HANDS FREE)