Answered

Sonos Roam with other speaker

• 6 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Good morning,

Last week I bought the Sonos Roam and installed it. As always, vertly easy to add a Sonos speaker! I've added to a room where I already have a Sonos One. They play together, but when I want to regulate the volume, this is only possible for the One, the Roam is visually on mute. With the buttons on the Roam I can change the volume, but not via the app.

Is there anybody with a solution for this?

Thank you all and have a great day!

Stefan 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 September 2021, 10:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

If you tap on the volume slider while the speakers are grouped, do you see the individual volume sliders come up on the screen for each speaker including the Roam? See example:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do get it. This morning I tried again and could even slide it, but with no difference to the volume of the Roam. 

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your Roam by following the steps below and reboot your phone:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

It works, but only once, after that it's stuck again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stefan_Ru 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still having this problem with your Roam, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Hi Corry P, 

Thanks for the advice. I guess the issue has been solved, although Roam still disconnects sometimes from my system. Will work this out and otherwise I'll contact the team.

Thanks and have a great day!