Sonos Roam Wifi

• 11 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I am experiencing problems with my Sonos Roam in relation to wifi connectivity. The speaker will only work on wifi when virtually on top of another Sonos speaker or with feet of the wifi router (therefore unable to Roam!). The range, if I can call it that, is non existent. If I switch to Bluetooth but then try to group the speakers, it becomes intermittent or simply stops playing. This is driving me mad and as a Sonos fan, I’m desperately disappointed in it.

How can I resolve this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mick.F 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will take you through some troubleshooting steps, have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and be able to organise you a replacement unit if that is what is needed.

For what it’s worth, the Roam is the only Sonos device you own that’s willing to connect to 5GHz WiFi, and is unwilling to connect to SonosNet (created by an ethernet-wired Sonos product). This is likely related to why only the Roam is misbehaving, whether due to 5GHz interference or something to do with the router. Or you may be unlucky and just have a faulty unit - though this seems unlikely as faults tend to stop things working altogether, not slightly. Your description is slightly damning, however.

I’m sure we’ll sort it for you.