Answered

Sonos Roam Trickle Charging

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Roam. I have it on Sonos' wireless charger, so it is always fully charged. I have noticed that when it reaches 100%, the charging symbol does not appear in the app. Eventually, the charging symbol will appear in the app, and the orange light will illuminate. Is this correct? I thought trickle charging ment that it was always charging, and adjusted things itself. It seems to me that it does not charge after it has reached 100%, and then start charging again after some use. I guess my question really is how does the trickle charging on Sonos Roam work?

icon

Best answer by ratty 13 January 2022, 10:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m slightly confused. If the battery is at 100%, what additional charging can there be? Shouldn’t the charging symbol not appear until such time as the battery drops below 100%, so there is something there to charge? I’m not sure I understand what your expectation is. Are you looking for a ‘this is connected’ rather than ‘there is charging’ indication?

Yes.  Just like an iPhone, which shows the charging symbol all the time the phone is plugged into the charger. 

This is normal behaviour, and is designed to preserve the life of a Li-Ion battery. 

I’m slightly confused. If the battery is at 100%, what additional charging can there be? Shouldn’t the charging symbol not appear until such time as the battery drops below 100%, so there is something there to charge? I’m not sure I understand what your expectation is. Are you looking for a ‘this is connected’ rather than ‘there is charging’ indication?