Answered

Sonos Roam + Symfonisk Bluetooth stutter

Hi, I hope someone have had similar issues and found a solution.

I have a Sonos Roam connected with four Ikea Symfonisk speaker. The problem I am having is when I connect eg my phone with the Roam to play music via Bluetooth and streaming to the Ikea speaker, the Ikea speaker frequently stutter, they stop playing for 1s every 1-5 minutes (not the Roam). I have updated all products and tried to reset the Roam (also Symfonisk s) a couple of times and I have set the Routers Wifi channel to a different than that of the Roam. Also at some point I somehow figured to configure the Synfonisks WM to 0 (afasik the Roam can not use WM:0 this is always WM:1). After I reconfigured them, the problem was not present, directly after and for maybe another day. Thereafter (since 2 month) the problem is present again and always. I don't have any problems when playing Sonos Radio (TuneIn) an all speakers (incl. the Roam). 

Does someone have a similar setup and has the same problem (or not)? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks 🙏

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 May 2022, 18:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You are probably experiencing wireless interference. Try changing the location of the Roam and phone to create a clearer signal path. And disconnect any other active Bluetooth devices you have connected to any other phones or tablets.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Am I understanding this correctly? You are using Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously?

You are probably experiencing wireless interference. Try changing the location of the Roam and phone to create a clearer signal path. And disconnect any other active Bluetooth devices you have connected to any other phones or tablets.

Even when the phone and Roam are next to one Symfonisk speaker. 😕 Also turned other Bluetooth devices (eg phones, laptop, tablets, etc.) off.

Am I understanding this correctly? You are using Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously?

Hard to say yes or no. I send a Bluetooth signal to the Roam, and the Roam transmits it to the Symfonisks via WLAN, I suppose.

Even when the phone and Roam are next to one Symfonisk speaker. 😕 Also turned other Bluetooth devices (eg phones, laptop, tablets, etc.) off.

If using a local WiFi connection to/between your Symfonisk devices (in addition to the Bluetooth connection) then perhaps try a non-overlapping WiFi channel 1, 6 or 11 on the router and reduce interference by setting the channel width on the 2.4Ghz band to 20Mhz only.

If using a wired SonosNet connection, then in addition to the above, set your SonosNet channel so it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel - ensure the wired Sonos device is also not within one meter of the router or other wireless access point.

Keep the BT playing mobile device within one metre of the Roam too, perhaps not right next to one another so as to interfere with their connection, but nearby and without any objects in-between.

See if those things improve the connection and if you are presently using a WiFi connection for your Symfonisk/Sonos System, perhaps try the setup in wired SonosNet mode instead, as outlined in these two Sonos Support Documents:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3235

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

Even when the phone and Roam are next to one Symfonisk speaker

FWIW, If the phone and the Roam are next to each other, the signal still has to travel from the Roam to your router via WiFi, and then on to the IKEA speaker. They don’t directly communicate with each other. 

Even when the phone and Roam are next to one Symfonisk speaker

FWIW, If the phone and the Roam are next to each other, the signal still has to travel from the Roam to your router via WiFi, and then on to the IKEA speaker. They don’t directly communicate with each other. 

Yes Bruce is correct and I actually meant to say to keep the playing phone near the Roam, rather than the Roam near the Symfonisk speaker.. that’s a Freudian slip on my part and will go back and correct that in my post (if it lets me). Thanks Bruce.🙏