Answered

Sonos Roam - partially recognised

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Enthusiast I
  • 35 replies

I have a house-full of Sonos kit, and have been a user for many years.

Last year I added a Roam, which has worked well until the last few days.  About a week ago it disappeared from the list of products shown on my Android app.  I simply reinstalled it and forgot about the problem.

Yesterday it again disappeared but this time I have been unable to reinstall it.  I’ve done all the usual & recommended things, including deleting the app. from my ‘phone and reinstalling it, all to no avail.

Just now I signed on to my Sonos account on my PC, and the Roam is showing.  I set it up to play some music, and it works perfectly from my PC.

However despite every effort at getting it to show on my Android ‘phone it doesn’t show on the app.  This is important as I use the Roam in my garden & don’t want to have to rush into the house to control it!

NJSS

icon

Best answer by John B 22 May 2022, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is the Android phone or the Roam perhaps connecting to a different WiFi access point, operating on either a different WiFi channel, or perhaps they’re connecting to a guest WiFi signal?

Check what WiFi networks you have saved in the Sonos App network settings. Ensure any ‘other’ WiFi access points (if relevant) are using the same WiFi channels/credentials as the main router. 

Hi. As an initial experiment please position the Roam about a metre from your router and power it off and on.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

John B - Many thanks I did this once to no effect, but on the second attempt it has solved the problem.

What I don’t understand is why it dropped out in the first place.

NJSS

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Ken Griffiths - Many thanks John’s solution worked, no I never got round to trying yours.

NJSS