Answered

Sonos Roam microphone light

• 3 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Sonos Roam Microphone Light Issue

So got my roam yesterday love it, however just found out you cannot use true play while having google assistant enabled which is a shame. 

I’ve removed google assistant from the device and the microphone LED on top won’t glow white anymore? 
I’m sure it did yesterday when i first got it, now when pressing the button it just makes the noise but no light indication. I’ve reset the device 3 times and still no luck. 

the LED for the microphone won’t show even with alexa do i have a defective unit?

Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by James L. 4 May 2021, 11:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +17

Hi @thisistomm,

Since you’ve removed Google Assistant you’ll need to re-activate Auto Trueplay. You can do this by going to   Settings →  System → Roam → Trueplay → Auto Trueplay Tuning and toggle it On.

That should bring your microphone back on. With regard to Alexa, you’d need to go through the steps of adding Alexa back onto your system, it won’t just re-enable after removing Google Assistant.

Hi @thisistomm,

Since you’ve removed Google Assistant you’ll need to re-activate Auto Trueplay. You can do this by going to   Settings →  System → Roam → Trueplay → Auto Trueplay Tuning and toggle it On.

That should bring your microphone back on. With regard to Alexa, you’d need to go through the steps of adding Alexa back onto your system, it won’t just re-enable after removing Google Assistant.

i’ve done that buddy, the microphone is working but the status light for the microphone is not. 

Badge +17

Hi @thisistomm,

i’ve done that buddy, the microphone is working but the status light for the microphone is not. 

Ah okay, that’s definitely strange. I take it that the main status light (next to the SONOS logo) is active and working correctly? If that’s the case, could you submit a diagnostic and send it my way? There’s something I’d like to check out. If the status light isn’t showing either, check that the status light is enabled in app.  Settings →  System → Roam → Status light and toggle it On.

yep all the main status lights are working it’s just the microphone light indicator the microphone itself is working but i would like the light to show when it’s on or off :) i’ve sent a diagnostic code is 996227487 thanks for the help 

Hi @thisistomm,

Ah okay, that’s definitely strange. I take it that the main status light (next to the SONOS logo) is active and working correctly? If that’s the case, could you submit a diagnostic and send it my way? There’s something I’d like to check out. If the status light isn’t showing either, check that the status light is enabled in app.  Settings →  System → Roam → Status light and toggle it On.

yep all the main status lights are working it’s just the microphone light indicator the microphone itself is working but i would like the light to show when it’s on or off :) i’ve sent a diagnostic code is 996227487 thanks for the help 

Badge +17

yep all the main status lights are working it’s just the microphone light indicator the microphone itself is working but i would like the light to show when it’s on or off 🙂 i’ve sent a diagnostic code is 996227487 thanks for the help 

Thanks for that. Your diagnostic looks completely normal, and I can see that all 3 mics are active and performing normally. In all Sonos units the LED circuitry is directly wired to the microphone array, so when the LED is on the mics are also on. It’s bizarre that your LED is off when I can see that the mics are on.

There’s one last test I can suggest - press and hold the power button on your Roam for at least 12 seconds. Don’t let go when you hear the power down chime, just make sure you hold for at least the 12 seconds. Wait 30 seconds or so and then power it back up. Check to see if the LED light is active again on the microphone button.

If not, I suspect something may have gone wrong with that LED, and you’d need to contact our customer care team to arrange a replacement. If you do contact them, please refer to this community thread as well as mentioning that I’ve sent you over there, and they can reach out to me directly if they need any more info :slight_smile: