Answered

Sonos Roam - Is there a way to cycle through paired bluetooth devices?

• 15 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

My Sonos roam arrived the night before we went on holiday last week.  I am pleased with the flexibility of the wifi and bluetooth modes, but it soon became apparent after we got to our destination that the bluetooth device switching on the Roam is very poor.  

We had 3 people in the house who paired to the speaker at various points to play their music choices, but when the next person came along, it was a great big faff / fuss to work out who’s phone or iPad was hogging the connection, and ask them to turn off their bluetooth in order to free up the roam to connect to the next person’s device.   

We have a bose soundlink mini which allows you to cycle through the existing paired phones/devices and provides some oral feedback on each press “Connected to Michael’s iPhone” *press* “Connected to Michael’s iPad” *press* etc…   

Can Sonos please consider something similar?   

icon

Best answer by Xander P 16 September 2021, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mjsblume, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Currently the Roam can only remember a single Bluetooth connection, however I’ll be happy to pass forward your suggestion for cycling through recently connected devices :)

[Edit: It looks like the Roam can store up to 8 devices in its memory, but will only try to reconnect to the last connected device - other devices would need to initiate the connection from their side]

Userlevel 2

Thanks.  That would be great.   An alternative route would be to at least allow the power button to release the current connection (without forgetting the pairing).